So, if you follow my blog, you’ll know that I’m following a Paleo way of life. And it’s going well – I finally feel in control of my eating habits. I’m not missing bread at all, but I really am missing beans… and pasta and rice. As much as I enjoy eating meat and fish, I do love eating vegetarian and vegan dishes, and since so many of my past vegetarian recipes contain the aforementioned no-nos, they’re off the menu for me at the moment. But it doesn’t stop me from sharing them, especially as it is National Vegetarian Week.
I’ve gone through my vegetarian and vegan recipe archives and brought together 20 of my favourites that I’ve shared over the years on my blog.
- Spicy Pumpkin and Butter Bean Soup
- Oven Baked Vegetable Rice Salad
- Jewelled Rice Salad
- Spiced Rice with Peas and Pumpkin Seeds
- Pesto, Orzo + Cannellini Bean Salad
- Ginger, Chilli + Soy Barbecued Tofu
- Sweet Potato + Halloumi Burgers
- Chickpea + Cannellini Bean Burgers
- Butterbean + Butternut Squash Biryani
- Veggie, Almond + Quinoa Pilaf
- Marrow, Greens + Blackeyed Beans
- Veg + Five Bean Soup
- Roast Veg + Two Bean Orzo Salad
- Pilafi Pourgouri
- Tropical Island Rice
- Vegetable + Chickpea Tagine
- Nutty Noodle Salad
- Antipasti Pasta Salad
- Deconstructed Vegetable Lasagne
- Squash Stuffed with Leeks
- Roasted Vegetable & Orzo Salad
I can’t even say which are personal favourites are they were all tasty vegetarian recipes! I love throwing together different combinations of beans with rice and pasta to make salads for a summer garden party or barbecue – there are lots of different beans on the supermarket shelves, so just pick your favourites. I also experimented with making vegetarian burgers – with varying success! Food is always about experimentation, and the only way you’ll find out is if you keep cooking! I hope you check out these recipes and enjoy them as much as we have done.