We bought the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan for our previous holiday to Orlando and Walt Disney World, hence the title of that trip report: Dine Around Disney 2014. We ate at a lot of Disney restaurants, and had some wonderful meals. There are always foods that stand out, and the corn bread at Whispering Canyon Cafe was so good! Now, apparently, you can ask for recipes from the restaurant, and they will often quite happily email it to you, or you can find recipes in one of the many Disney cook books there are out there. Or, do what I do and have a look online where many are shared. I found this one on AllEars.net, a website that I’ve frequented for years and is full of great info about Walt Disney World.
I haven’t made this… yet, but if it is any way like the one we had at Whispering Canyon Cafe, then I’ll be one happy bunny!
- 1/2 pound Cornmeal
- 12 ounces Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 ounce Salt
- 1 ounce Baking Powder
- 1 pound All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Salad Oil
- 1 Whole Egg, beaten
- 1 Pint Milk
- Place all dry ingredients in mixing bowl and mix slowly for one minute.
- Blend milk, egg, and oil together.
- Slowly add step 2 to dry ingredients, while on slow speed. Don't over mix, only mix to incorporate product.
- Spray pan with a food release oil spray or line bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Pour batter in pan and bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until bread is firm and golden brown.
Thanks for reading Day 98 of 100 Days of Disney 2015! 2 to go! Come back tomorrow for another Disney post!
Posts in the 100 Days of Disney Series:
Disney Crafts | Disney Printables | Disney Dining | Disney Vacation Planning | Around Walt Disney World | Disney Resorts | Disney Photography | Disney Theme Parks | Disney Rides + Attractions | Disney Shows + Parades | Disney Fashion | Disney Merchandise | Disney Movies | Disney Songs
And if you are a blogger, don’t forget that the 100 Days of Disney – The Blogger Linky is now open!