Day 30- Cook, Craft, Create: December 2012
The penultimate day of Cook, Craft, Create: December: 2012 and I’ve got a easy dinner recipe for you that I whipped up for the family – turkey meatballs. I made this recipe super easy by using a jar of sauce that I spruced up with extra herbs and some bacon for flavour – but you can add your own ragu or jar of favourite sauce. My husband isn’t overly keen on turkey mince, but he really enjoyed these – so did my son – there was nothing left on his plate! Always a good sign in my book :D
- 500g turkey mince
- ½ white onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- handful fresh parmesan, finely grated
- handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, blitzed into breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- jar of your favourite pasta sauce
- Put the mince, onion, garlic, parmesan, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl and add the beaten egg.
- Combine everything together until well mixed then form into meatballs. Place on a place and put in the fridge for about an hour or so.
- Put a splash of olive oil into a heated frying pan, and brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Drain off any excess fat, before adding to another saucepan that you’ve poured your favourite pasta sauce into – cook for half an hour or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve the turkey meatballs over spaghetti with some more parmesan grated on top