These tissue paper ghosts are ridiculously simply to make and take less than 5 minutes. You could make a whole gaggle of ghosts and hang them around the house for Halloween!
- White Tissue Paper (buy here in the US)
- Black Sharpie Pen (buy here in the US)
- White Cotton Thread (buy here in the US)
- The tissue paper that I used, was a rectangle, 50 x 35cm. But you could make these any size you like.
- Fold over one corner to the opposite edge to form a square. Cut the excess tissue paper off. It doesn’t go to waste as it becomes the “head” of the ghost.
- Roll the excess tissue paper into a ball and place roughly into the middle of the square piece of tissue paper.
- Gather the square around the ball, and squeeze just underneath.
- Use a length of cotton (I used around 80cm to give a nice long hanging length) to wrap around the “neck” and knot a few times. Pull through to form a long loop for hanging, and knot again to secure.
- I gave the tissue paper a bit of a scrunch to add texture.
- Use the Sharpie to draw on a face, and done!
Crafty October is a month long series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, where I share an idea a day for Halloween + Autumn. All ideas for Crafty October 2015 are here. And if you are a blogger and would like to share your ideas, check out the Crafty October 2015 Blogger Linky which is running until 31st October 2015.