Following on from my Ciabatta Pizza which we made during a family pizza night, we also made thin crust pizza. My son put his favourite toppings on his, and I made a spinach and ricotta pizza for hubby and me. (I also chucked on a few leftover pieces of pepperoni as I didn’t want them to go to waste!)
Keeping things really simple, we cheated and bought ready-made dough from the supermarket. But, I have made it before, and it’s easy enough to do – I use Jamie Oliver’s recipe, as he’s my go-to chef for many things!
Spinach & Ricotta Pizza
This isn’t really a recipe is it – but I have written it up as it’s one of the meals that I meal prepped during my first meal prep session, which you can read all about here. Toppings were chopped, sliced, and grated in advance, so it was just an assembly job on pizza night. If you are making your own dough, it can be stored in the fridge or freezer – searching online tells me that you add some oil to the balled up dough to keep it moist, and wrap well so that it doesn’t dry out. Next time we make dough, I’m going to try this out and report back with my findings.
I have been taking steps to make meal prep part of my routine, to help me track of my calories, and ultimately, for some weight loss. You wouldn’t think that pizza was one of those foods with that goal in mind, but I counted the calories of what I personally ate, and it was within my daily allowance. I haven’t provided calories for this particular recipe, as it will vary on the type of cheese you use, the amount of dough, and the other toppings you have.
Find more recipes here: Easy Meal Prep for Beginners
- store bought pizza dough - follow package instructions for amount to use
- Dolmio Original Bolognese Sauce
- grated cheddar, and parmesan
- ricotta cheese
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- Roll your pizza dough into a rough circle about 0.5cm thick.
- Spread some of the sauce over the pizza base, making sure you reach the edges.
- Sprinkle with a little amount of cheddar, and parmesan
- Spoon some ricotta cheese around the pizza
- Sprinkle spinach leaves around the pizza
- Place in a hot oven (220-250C, Gas 8/9) for 10-15 minutes until the crust is crispy and the top is golden.
- Slice and enjoy!
Please feel free to share this recipe by using the social buttons to the right, or bottom of this post, and don’t forget that you can subscribe to The Purple Pumpkin Blog by email, on Feedly or by RSS so you don’t miss out!