If you love pickles on Boxing Day with your cold meats, then you’re going to want to make this quick winter cabbage pickle! This pickle has a mixture of red and white cabbage as well as Brussels sprouts which I always think of tiny cabbages ^_^
- ½ small white cabbage
- ½ small red cabbage
- 12 Brussels sprouts
- 6 tbsps olive oil
- 6 tbsps red wine vinegar
- pinch sugar
- pinch salt
- Shred the vegetables in a food processor, or by hand if you don't have one.
- Make the dressing using the oil and vinegar and season to your taste with sugar and salt. If you find you need more or less dressing, adjust the quantities to suit.
- Pour over the vegetables and mix together well.
- Leave for a couple of hours in the fridge before serving.
- If you find you need more or less dressing, adjust the quantities to suit.
This post is part of Cook, Craft, Create: December 2013, why not check out the other ideas this season?