// Banoffee Pie is one of my go-to dessert recipes because it is so quick and easy to make. I used tinned [Carnation] caramel to save time – it’s handy to have a couple of these in the cupboard to make a last minute dessert if you ever need to!
Quick & Easy Banoffee Pie
This dessert is very rich, so you only need a small portion to satisfy the sweetest of teeth! This easily serves 12 – 15 people, and is good for a couple of days if it doesn’t all get eaten in one sitting. I used a rectangular dish approximately 15cm x 25cm. You can also make individual banoffee pie dessert shots which I did a couple of years ago for my sister’s baby shower.
You can omit the pecans if you wish, and whilst I use Hobnob biscuits to add texture and crunch, you can substitute for Digestives if you prefer. This recipe is so simple to put together that you can adjust the quantities to suit and it would still be good!
- 300g packet of Hobnob (or Digestive) biscuits
- 150g pecans
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 x 375g tins Carnation caramel
- 5 ripe bananas
- 500 ml double cream
- 50g milk chocolate
- Crush the biscuits and nuts in a food processor till broken down into crumbs of varying texture. You could also place them in a food bag and smash with a rolling pin.
- Put the crushed biscuits and pecans in a bowl and add the melted butter. Stir together and then transfer to your serving dish. Press the mixture down to form the base then place into the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Spoon one of the cans of caramel onto the biscuit base and spread out to cover.
- Slice the bananas and layer these onto of the caramel.
- Spoon over the other can of caramel and smooth everything out.
- Whip the double cream to soft peaks and dollop on top of the pie.
- Grate the milk chocolate over the cream and serve.
Create Christmas is an annual series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog where I blog each day with something to cook, craft or create for Christmas. This year I’m also sharing a round-up post with ideas and inspiration from other bloggers. If you’d like to be involved, just check out the Calling All Bloggers post here. Don’t forget to check out the blogger Create Christmas Linky too!