If you’re making meatballs for dinner one night, why not turn them into Mummy Meatballs for a spooky Halloween dish?! Use tagliatelle to wrap around the meatball for the bandages, and serve on more pasta with your favourite sauce. Squirt two blobs of ketchup for eyes, and you’re done!
We made our own meatballs, but did cheat and use a jar of sauce. Pesto would also be great to make swamp mummy meatballs!
- 750g beef mince
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- tomato ketchup
- tagliatelle, cooked al dente
- your favourite pasta sauce
- Mix together the mince, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to combine.
- Form into 6 large meatballs.
- Place onto a baking sheet, and cook at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 20 - 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook the tagliatelle in boiling water until al dente. Heat the pasta sauce through.
- Drain the pasta, then take a couple of strands and wrap around each meatball to form the mummy.
- Place onto a bed of tagliatelle and sauce, and squirt a couple of blobs of ketchup on for eyes.
Crafty October is a month long series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, where I share an idea a day for Halloween + Autumn. All ideas for Crafty October 2015 are here. And if you are a blogger and would like to share your ideas, check out the Crafty October 2015 Blogger Linky which is running until 31st October 2015.