All good things must come to an end, and I know I’ve been a bit slack this year, but I’ve delivered what I said I would – an idea a day in October for Halloween! So to close things out I’m sharing a recipe for Mini Pumpkin Pies. I just took my tried and trusted pumpkin pie recipe that I’ve been making for the past 20 or so years and instead of a bit pie, made lots of little ones instead!
Since I’m all about simplicity and life being too short to make mini tartlet cases, I bought them ready made. But you can make your own – just bake them blind first.
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 24 mini tartlet cases
- 100g canned pumpkin or cooked fresh pumpkin, puréed
- 20g caster sugar
- 20g soft brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 80g evaporated milk
- Preheat your oven to 170C/Gas 3.
- Place the tartlet cases on a baking tray.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together until evenly blended.
- Divide the mixture between all of the tartlet cases and bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until set.
As well as sharing my ideas each day for my favourite time of the year, I’m also holding a #CraftyOctober Link Party for bloggers to share their Halloween posts. If you’re a blogger, then do check out the party – I can’t wait to see your posts!