These free printable Poppy Paper Chains are perfect to hang up for Remembrance Day. Print and assemble to create long paper chains to hang at home, work, care home, community centre, hospital ward, or anywhere else you want to commemorate this day.
Here are more Poppy and Remembrance Day Free Printables for you to download and use; right-click and open in a new tab to look at them next.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Poppy Paper Chains
Remembrance Day is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth member states since the end of the First World War to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty. It is observed on 11 November in most countries to recall the end of hostilities of the First World War on that date in 1918. Hostilities formally ended “at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month”.Wikipedia
I recently shared my Free Printable Poppy Bunting and in that post I promised that other printables would be on their way…
So I created these Poppy Day paper chains which are also an easy-to-make decoration to hang at home, work, care home, hospital ward, or anywhere else you want to commemorate Remembrance Day.
The pandemic has changed our daily lives in so many ways, and it’s likely to affect the Poppy Appeal this year. Many volunteers are (understandably) unable to assist collecting for the appeal which may affect donations…
Donating to the Poppy Appeal online is one way that you can help those in need within the Armed Forces community; serving and ex-serving personnel and their families.
The Poppy Shop also has a wide range of poppy items including pins, brooches, accessories, and more. If you can’t get out, or if you can’t find a poppy seller this year, this is another way for you to get involved.
100% of the profits from selling poppies go to the Royal British Legion who helps members of the Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force, veterans, and their families. Their support starts after one day of service and continues through life, long after service is over.
I am not affiliated in any way with the Royal British Legion or the Poppy Day shop, but want to do my bit to help this year.
I have created this set of free printable Poppy Day Cupcake Toppers that you can print at home and use to commemorate Remembrance Day – please donate if you can.
In 2020 we pay tribute to the men and women of the Second World War generation, and to those of today’s, who have served and sacrificed to defend our nation. We remember the collaboration of the Commonwealth and Allied nations who stood shoulder to shoulder then to secure our freedom and the communities coming together today to protect us all.The Royal British Legion
How To Use Poppy Paper Chains
There are four different poppy designs in this set, plus three plain colours – green, black, and red.
- Download the free printable file to your device.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
- Using a printer, simply print as many of the paper chains as you need onto good quality thick [white] paper – you don’t want them to be too flimsy.
- Cut out carefully using scissors or a paper trimmer.
- The video at the top of the screen demonstrates how to make paper chains in case you don’t know how to do it. They are from Easter, so just ignore the design on them – the process is the same!
- Take one of the strips and add a dab of glue (I used a glue roller, as you’ll see in the video; you could also use a glue stick) on one end, and fold around to form a circle. This is the first loop in your chain. Now, slide another strip of paper into that loop, add a dab of glue on the end, and fold around to form a circle that is attached to the first loop.
- Continue linking the loops until you get the length of the chain you desire.
Download Poppy Paper Chains
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!