Looking for a fun and easy way to add some holiday cheer to your home? Why not try making this adorable Flower Pot Snowman Candy Dish!
It’s a fun winter craft project for all ages, and all you need are a few simple craft supplies and a little bit of creativity!
I’ve got more Snowman Crafts & Recipes for you to try out – right-click and open these other activities in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Flower Pot Snowman Candy Dish
The full list of materials, tools, and instructions is found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through before starting this project to ensure that you have everything required and understand the steps and timings involved.
If you have some crafty teens or tweens, then I think they would love to make this flower pot snowman!
A simple clay or paper mache pot is transformed into a snowman candy dish using paints, ribbons, buttons, and a few other embellishments.
Smaller kids could help out as you make the snowman too, which when filled up with candy would make a great hostess, teacher, or neighbor gift for the holiday season!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
For your convenience, I’ve linked [some of] the materials and tools needed for this project to Amazon below. The quantities are on the craft tutorial card at the end of this post.
- Flowerpot – this can be either a terra cotta/clay pot or a paper mache pot; and in any size that you like. Larger pots hold more candy!
- Black Buttons – for the snowman’s eyes.
- Ribbon – festive colors of your choice to wrap around the snowman’s “hat” (which is the lip of the pot).
- Acrylic Paints – in the colors: White, Black, and Pink.
- Paintbrush – this is a set of paintbrushes of various sizes and types for different types of paint and glue.
- Felt – you will need a scrap of orange for the snowman’s nose.
- Self-Adhesive Pearls – in the color red for the holly berries.
- Holly Leaves – or you could cut out your own from felt or cardstock.
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Permanent Black Marker
Cheap Craft Supplies
A great thing about this craft idea is that it can be budget-friendly using supplies you may already have or can be purchased cheaply in stores:
If you’re in the USA, check out your local Dollar Store or Dollar Tree; and if you’re in the UK, the Poundshop, The Range, Wilko, and Baker Ross are great places to shop for cheap and inexpensive craft supplies.
To the rest of the world reading this – I don’t know every cheap store out there– sorry! But please do hunt the ones out in your location for crafting bargains!
More Snowman Crafts
Looking for more snowman crafts to do? Right-click and open these in a new tab to read next!
- Felt Snowman Ornament Craft (Easy Sewing Activity for Winter!)
- Free Printable Snowman Craftivity & Creative Writing Project
- Fun & Simple Paper Snowman Bookmark Craft for Kids
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home for you to try!
How Do I Make A Flower Pot Snowman Candy Dish?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- Clay or Paper Mache Flowerpot, any size you like
- 2 Black Buttons
- Festive Ribbon
- Acrylic Craft Paint – White, Black, Pink
- Scrap of Orange Felt, craft foam or cardstock
- Red Self-Adhesive Pearls
- Fake Holly Leaves
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Permanent Black Marker
- Paint the rim of the flower pot with black paint, and the rest of the flowerpot with white paint. Apply second coats of paint if necessary and set aside to dry.
- Using light pink acrylic paint diluted with a bit of water, paint on two large rosy cheeks for the snowman.
- Cut an irregular triangle from a scrap of orange felt and apply it to the center of the flowerpot with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Draw a smile on the snowman, just under the felt nose with a permanent black marker.
- Glue two black buttons above the snowman's nose for eyes. You could also use googly eyes, black felt, or craft foam if you prefer.
- Measure and cut the festive ribbon to fit around the rim of the flowerpot and then attach it with glue.
- To finish, attach three red pearls, and a holly leaf to the ribbon band.
- Fill the pot with desired candy and enjoy!
The Create the Holidays series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays!
You can check out Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) from 2023 | 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!