With Chinese New Year approaching, I thought I would share some quick and easy recipes that you might like to cook to celebrate. This is a recipe for a delicious Chinese Sweet Chilli Chicken and Noodle Soup, using a couple of packs of ready made stir fry sauce, stock, chicken, vegetables and noodles. Use as much soy sauce and fresh chilli as you like and to your personal preference. It makes a delicious light starter for a Chinese banquet, or serve a larger bowl for a main meal. Why not make some of my Red Money Envelopes to hand out at your celebration meal?
- 1.5L chicken stock – I used 4 stock cubes to make mine up
- 2 (120g) packs Amoy Sweet Thai Chilli Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 chicken breast (skinless & boneless), sliced into thin strips
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 300g Ribbon Rice Noodles
- 2 spring onions, green ends, sliced
- 6 baby sweetcorn, sliced into rounds
- Dark Soy Sauce
- ½ red chilli pepper, finely sliced
- Pour the chicken stock and stir fry sauce into a large saucepan. Add the chicken and mushrooms. Bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the noodles and cook for a further 5 minutes before finally adding the spring onions and baby sweetcorn.
- Season to taste with dark soy sauce.
- Serve in warmed bowls with the sliced chilli pepper to garnish.
Please feel free to share this post by using the social buttons at the end of this post, and don’t forget that you can subscribe to The Purple Pumpkin Blog by email, on Feedly or on Bloglovin’ so you don’t miss out!