Going way back to March, when hubs and the boy prepared a picnic for me on Mother’s Day, and a recipe for a salad that he created – Cabbage + Walnut Salad! I should have shared it aaaaaaages ago, but better late than never! Goes well with grilled chicken!
Cabbage + Walnut Salad
Serves 4-6 Ingredients
- ½ red cabbage, shredded
- ½ white cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, grated
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the cabbages, onion, apple and walnuts together in a bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mix and toss together.
- Chill until required.