I’m getting the hang of this vegan/vegetarian lark now, and really enjoying it! I made this curry for dinner last weekend, and have called it Butterbean & Butternut Squash Biriyani…I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- small butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 x 400g can butterbeans
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- handful frozen peas
- 100g rice
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- olive oil
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion, garlic together with the spices for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, butterbeans, chopped tomatoes, and rice.
- Crumble in the stock cube and then, fill up the empty tomato can with water and pour over.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sqaush is soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peas. Cover with a lid and leave to stand for 7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!