I was selected recently to be a #MorrisonsMum and hubs and I went to our nearest Morrisons supermarket to buy the food for our Bank Holiday Monday Family BBQ, I promised I would share all the recipes, so here is my recipe for Broccoli + Cauliflower Salad with Sesame Dressing
I’ve decided (since I’m on a diet) that I’ll be including the calorie count for each dish which I’ve worked out using the labels on the food packaging and other online resources.
I’m also including how much each dish costs to make using the ingredients I bought from Morrisons. Added ingredients such as herbs, spices and olive oil etc are not included as I figure most of us have those sorts of things in our store cupboard (I know I do!)
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- handful of sesame seeds
- For the dressing
- 3 tbsps tahini paste
- 50ml cold water
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Separate both the broccoli and cauliflower into florets – cutting the larger ones in half if needed. Place into a bowl
- Make the dressing by whisking the tahini paste with the water quite vigorously. Start off slowly to incorporate the water and then whisk so that the tahini almost turns white. It may look like it has split to start off with, but it will come back together.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk again. You want it to be the consistency somewhere between single and double cream!
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix together well.
- Chill until required and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve
The broccoli was 49p and the cauliflower was £1.89 – I could only find organic, so hence the higher price I think. About a third of a jar of tahini again and I’d estimate that this dish costs around £3, so 50p per serving.
It’s hard to work the calories out for this one as it’ll depend on the weight of the veggies, but it’s around, maybe 400-500 for the whole dish?!
Disclaimer: Please remember, I’m not a dietitian I follow and tweak recipes, or create my own. Calorie counts (if applicable) are worked out using resources online. Always check with your doctor before going on any weight loss programme.