Who would have thought that a pipe cleaner and pompom goldfish craft could be so much fun? This easy and cute activity is perfect for kids of all ages, and it’s a great way to explore your creativity. Plus, it’s a lot cheaper than buying real fish!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Pompom Goldfish Craft
The full list of materials, tools, and instructions is found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through before starting this project to ensure that you have everything required and understand the steps and timings involved.
I’ve got another pipe cleaner and pompom craft for you to add to your menagerie!
Follow the simple tutorial to make a super cute pompom goldfish with googly eyes and pipe cleaner fins, tail, and mouth.
Once you know how to make the sweet little fish, you can make them in all types of colors and have a whole aquarium full of them!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
The complete list of supplies, which may include basic crafting items that you already have can be found in the tutorial card at the end of this post. For your convenience, I’ve linked any notable materials and tools needed for this project to Amazon below.
Cheap Craft Supplies
A great thing about this craft idea is that it’s very budget-friendly using supplies you may already have or can be purchased cheaply in stores:
If you’re in the USA, check out your local Dollar Store or Dollar Tree; and if you’re in the UK, the Poundshop, The Range, Wilko, and Baker Ross are great places to shop for cheap and inexpensive craft supplies. The rest of the world reading this – I don’t know every cheap store – sorry! But hunt the ones out in your location for crafting bargains!
More Animal Crafts
Looking for more animal crafts? Here are some more for you to check out! Just right-click and open a new tab to read next!
- Pom Pom and Pipe Cleaner Swan Craft
- How To Make Easter Egg Animals – A Fun Easter Craft for Kids
- Pompom & Pipe Cleaner Frog Craft
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home for you to try!
Facts About Goldfish
- Goldfish are freshwater fish.
- A group of goldfish is called a troubling.
- Goldfish live and sleep with their eyes open.
- Goldfish make popular pets.
- Goldfish grow to the size of its tank
- Goldfish lay 1,000 eggs at a time.
- Goldfish can live without food for up to 3 weeks.
- Goldfish are so smart that you can actually train them to do tricks.
- Goldfish have the ability to recognize faces, shapes, colors, and sounds.
- There are over 300 varieties of goldfish.
- The largest goldfish was 18.7 inches long.
- Goldfish can live to be 40 years old.
- The skin underneath their scales is what makes them have color, their scales are actually clear.
How Do I Make A Pompom Goldfish?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- Tacky Glue
- Cut and bend the orange pipe cleaner to create the goldfish mouth, tail, and fins. The length you use to bend into shape will depend on the size of your pom-poms. Pipe cleaners can easily change shape as required!
- Glue the round pipe cleaner mouth to the front of the large orange pompom, and glue the eyes just above and to each side of the mouth.
- Glue the fins to each side of the pompom
- Glue the tail in place at the back of the pompom and leave to dry completely.