I was selected recently to be a #MorrisonsMum and hubs and I went to our nearest Morrisons supermarket to buy the food for our Bank Holiday Monday Family BBQ, I promised I would share all the recipes, so here is my recipe for Tomato & Onion Salad. It’s really easy to make – cut the veg, pour over the dressing…done!
I’ve decided (since I’m on a diet) that I’ll be including the calorie count for each dish which I’ve worked out using the labels on the food packaging and other online resources.
I’m also including how much each dish costs to make using the ingredients I bought from Morrisons. Added ingredients such as herbs, spices and olive oil etc are not included as I figure most of us have those sorts of things in our store cupboard (I know I do!)
- 2 large beef tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 2 medium red onions, cut into rings
- For the dressing
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsps red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange half of the slices of tomato and onion into the bottom of a dish.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together – you may wish to adjust the oil to vinegar ratio to suit your tastes.
- Pour half the dressing over the vegetables, add another layer and pour the remaining dressing on top.
- Chill until required.
The beef tomatoes were 59p each, and I had the red onions and dressing ingredients which are store cupboard staples for me.
The total calories for this whole dish is approximately 465 kcals.
Disclaimer: Please remember, I’m not a dietitian I follow and tweak recipes, or create my own. Calorie counts (if applicable) are worked out using resources online. Always check with your doctor before going on any weight loss programme.