COOK Halloween Recipes American Recipes Baking COOK Food + Drink Halloween Halloween Recipes Muffins Seasonal Recipes
Another Crafty October Extras recipe for you today in the form of Pumpkin Pecan Muffins! As always, easy to make, and the frosting and toppings are optional! Go well with a cuppa in the afternoon on cold wet days (much like today!!)
Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 4 eggs
- 1 ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 x 400g can pumpkin
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g pecans, chopped
- ready-made vanilla frosting (optional)
- 12 or 24 pecans for decoration (optional)
- 12 or 24 candy pumpkins for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175C/Gas 4.
- Place 24 muffin cases into a tin.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin in a bowl until well mixed.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Fold in until incorporated.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Divide between the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked through. Check by inserting a skewer that should come out clean to indicate they are done.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and when cool, decorate with a small swirl of ready-made vanilla frosting and top with either pecans or candy pumpkins.
- Keeps well for a few days in an airtight container.