Another Crafty October Extras recipe for you today in the form of Pumpkin Pecan Muffins! As always, easy to make, and the frosting and toppings are optional! Go well with a cuppa in the afternoon on cold wet days (much like today!!)
Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 4 eggs
- 1 ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 x 400g can pumpkin
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g pecans, chopped
- ready-made vanilla frosting (optional)
- 12 or 24 pecans for decoration (optional)
- 12 or 24 candy pumpkins for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175C/Gas 4.
- Place 24 muffin cases into a tin.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin in a bowl until well mixed.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Fold in until incorporated.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Divide between the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked through. Check by inserting a skewer that should come out clean to indicate they are done.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and when cool, decorate with a small swirl of ready-made vanilla frosting and top with either pecans or candy pumpkins.
- Keeps well for a few days in an airtight container.