While the turkey is cooking for dinner, let the kids get creative with this free printable Thanksgiving Turkey coloring sheet! Pull out the crayons, markers, pencils, or paints and let them explore with different colors and techniques. Or why not turn the design into a line work activity? Practice drawing straight lines in each section – or make different patterns to add an abstract element!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Thanksgiving Turkey Coloring Sheet
This cute turkey has been hand-drawn by a very talented friend and is part of a series of Thanksgiving coloring sheets on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
I’ve not only got this set of Thanksgiving colouring pages for you but also a set of fun Thanksgiving Craftivities featuring the same characters! Find the links to all the other Thanksgiving coloring sheets in this series at the bottom of this post.
To get started, you simply need to download the free printable Thanksgiving turkey and start colouring in! You could also print this off for a Christmas turkey coloring activity!
If you want to color this turkey as part of a line study activity, then use a black fine liner pen to draw lines in each section as demonstrated in the images below.
These Uni Pin Fineliners are my absolute favorite and available in an assortment of tip sizes for different stroke widths.
Once finished, you can cut away the excess paper and mount onto construction paper or cardstock for display. This coloring activity is great to put up on the fridge or wall at home or bulletin board at school or homeschool.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- I’ve provided two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) – use which size is appropriate for your printer.
This free Thanksgiving printable turkey to color is a great activity not only for children but for adults too. I personally love colouring in – you should see the number of art supplies I have!
But sometimes I don’t want really intricate designs – which adult colouring books usually contain – sometimes I just want something really simple and fun, and this Thanksgiving turkey falls into that category!
Suggested Art Supplies
You can use whatever art supplies you like to bring this turkey to life! In our demonstration pictures, we used the colors brown, red, green, and blue but you could use any color you like. Or why not print multiple pages and use all sorts of different colors!
I like to keep a good stash of art supplies so that I am always ready when my nieces and nephews come to visit. You don’t need all the things on my suggested art supplies list, but I wanted to share some of my favorites with you.
You can use whatever art supplies you like to bring these coloring pages to life. I love Crayola Super Tips – they come in boxes of various amounts – I’ve got the 100 count box as you can never have too many colors!
They’re kid-friendly, washable, and they also draw thick and thin lines so you can color with precision, as well as cover larger areas.
If your child (or you!) prefers to use crayons, I don’t think you can go wrong with classic Crayolas, again the come in various counts.
You’re going to think I’m biased towards the Crayola brand, but I’m not! They just happen to make awesome and affordable art supplies that are safe for kids to use! So try out their colored pencils, because I really don’t think you can go wrong with Crayolas for coloring!
For older children, and adults who may prefer to blend their colors, try the Arteza brand which is very affordable. Slightly more expensive, but amazing pencils for coloring enthusiasts, are Prismacolor.
Up next, paints – specifically watercolors – which I love using. I bought this Arteza Kid’s Watercolor Kit for my 6-year-old niece and she loves it. It comes with 36 colors, a water brush, and a watercolor pad.
And finally, GLITTER! Add some sparkle to your coloring pages with glitter, because everything is awesome with glitter!
I think glitter glue is the easiest to use as you just apply directly without having to worry about lots of loose glitter going everywhere. Surprise, surprise, my suggestion is Crayola! (I think it’s because I know it’s a brand that is available worldwide, and my readers are far-flung around the globe.)
Creative Ways to Use This Thanksgiving Turkey Coloring Sheet Printable
I’ve included a full-size page and a half-size page so that you can use this printable in different ways!
- Draw straight or curvy lines into the background sections only, or the character only, or the whole thing.
- Why not experiment with different patterns? Try a checkerboard design, circles, or swirls. Search for zentangle patterns online and you’ll find a ton of pattern inspiration!
- Use shades of just one color to fill in the whole design. Or use just two or three complementary colors.
- Fill in different sections with glitter glue, or even using different collage materials – scrunched up tissue paper, foil, or craft foam are a few ideas to try.
- Experiment with mixed media – try out crayons and paints for different sections.
- Once colored in, cut away excess paper and mount onto cardstock or construction paper and display on the wall/fridge/bulletin.
- Or add a folded piece of card to the back to create a stand and place on the mantle or window ledge.
- Print the half-size page and mount onto folded cardstock and make Thanksgiving greetings cards.
- Print several copies of the half-size page. Color in different ways and punch holes in the corners. Thread ribbon or string through and make a Thanksgiving banner. Downloads lots of the character printables to mix things up!
- Why not turn the finished colored design into a puzzle? Cut along the straight lines, and put the pieces back together again.
More Coloring Printables
Looking for other coloring printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Christmas Coloring Page!
- Easter Eggs Coloring Pages To Print for Free!
- Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Thanksgiving Turkey Coloring Sheet
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
Handy Crafting Supplies
Shop my selection of craft supply picks on Amazon that you can use to turn a simple colouring project into a mixed media collage!
More Thanksgiving Coloring Sheets to Download
I mentioned how there are several Thanksgiving characters in this series. As they are uploaded to my blog the links will appear below. Make sure you download them all so that you have the full set!
- Native American Boy
- Native American Girl
- Thanksgiving Pilgrim Boy
- Thanksgiving Pilgrim Girl
- Thanksgiving Turkey
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!