If you’re looking for a free decorating idea for your St. Patty’s celebrations, then these free printable St. Patrick’s Day Paper Chains are just what you need! Print them at home and assemble them to create long paper chains to hang around your home. Get the kids involved too – they’re so easy to make!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
St. Patrick’s Day Paper Chains
Paper chains are one of the cheapest and easiest party decorations that you can make! You literally need strips of paper and some glue or sticky tape.
If you want to decorate your home for St. Patrick’s Day, then grab the free printable and make some St. Patrick’s Day Paper Chains!
How To Use Free Printable Paper Chains
There are 7 different Patty’s Day designs, along with 7 different plain colors too. I’ve also provided single width and double width paper chains so there are lots of options for you!
- Download the free printable file to your device.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
- Using a printer, simply print as many of the paper chains as you need onto good quality thick [white] paper – you don’t want them to be too flimsy.
- Cut out carefully using scissors or a paper trimmer.
- The video at the top of the screen demonstrates how to make paper chains in case you don’t know how to do it. (Although the video is of my Easter paper chains.)
- Take one of the strips and add a dab of glue (I used a glue roller, as you’ll see in the video; you could also use a glue stick) on one end, and fold around to form a circle. This is the first loop in your chain. Now, slide another strip of paper into that loop, add a dab of glue on the end, and fold around to form a circle that is attached to the first loop.
- Continue linking the loops until you get the length of the chain you desire then hang up to decorate.
More St. Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for other St. Paddy’s Day printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Build A Leprechaun Paper Doll | St. Patrick’s Day Activity!
- Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages
- St. Patrick’s Day Word Search Free Printable
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download St. Patrick’s Day Paper Chains
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!