Download this set of three free printable Halloween Word Scrambles for the whole family to solve as part of your spooky celebrations! There are three difficulty levels – easy, medium, and hard – with different words related to Halloween. Just download, print, and unscramble!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Halloween Word Scrambles
The name of the puzzle (which in my day we used to call anagrams!) totally gives it all away – the words are scrambled up and you have to unscramble them to decipher the words.
I’ve created three, word scramble puzzles with different difficulty levels – easy, medium, and hard. Each one has words and phrases related to Halloween!
I have included an answer sheet for each one too, just in case you get stuck.
- There are 10 single words to find in the easy word scramble. The first letter of the word is capitalized as a clue.
- There are a total of 20 single words and phrases in the medium word scramble. The first letter of the word is capitalized as a clue.
- There are a total of 20 single words and longer phrases in the hard word scramble. All the letters are lower case to make this one suitable for older kids and adults!
What Are the Benefits of Word Scrambles?
There are lots of brain-boosting benefits that come along with word scrambles and word puzzles in general including:
- Improving memory
- Improving focus
- Extending vocabulary
- Encouraging problem-solving
- Improving spelling
But most of all, word puzzles are fun – for the whole family. And they’re cheap too, especially with my free printables!
Unscramble the words at your own pace, or make a game out of it and set a timer to see who can finish first!
More Word Scramble Puzzles To Print
Looking for more word scramble printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Word Scramble
- Free Printable Easter Bunny Word Scramble
- Free Printable 4th of July Word Scramble (Easy, Medium & Hard!)
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
How To Use This Free Printable Word Scramble
- Download the free printable file to your device.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
- Using a printer, simply print as many of the word scrambles as you need onto white paper.
- Then use a pen or pencil to write down the unscrambled words.
Download Halloween Word Scrambles
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!