Sudoku is a logic-based, number-placement game, which can be a bit tricky for kids – however, picture sudoku, like this set of fun Easter Picture Sudoku Puzzles is a great way to introduce children (and beginners!) to understand the concept of this type of puzzle. Download the free printable and learn how to solve sudoku!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Easter Picture Sudoku Puzzles
Looks like the Easter Bunny left some sudoku puzzles for the kids!
In classic sudoku, the objective is to fill a 9×9 grid with digits so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3×3 subgrids that compose the grid contains all of the digits from 1 to 9.
I know that when I first tackled sudoku, it took me a while to figure out how to figure them out! It really is a game of logic and deduction!
This picture version uses a less confusing 4×4 grid and the free printable Easter picture sudoku puzzles are a great introduction to sudoku for kids! (And for adults who can’t quite figure out how to solve these puzzles!)
Just print out the puzzles and let the Easter Sudoku fun begin!
How To Play Picture Sudoku
In the free printable sudoku for you to download, there are six puzzles to try and solve – three are an easy level with 4 missing images to put in place, and three are medium level with 8 missing images.
- Each image must appear once and only once in each row, column, and 2×2 subgrid.
- To complete the puzzle, cut out the picture tiles underneath the sudoku grid then place the picture tiles in the empty spaces.
The cutout picture tiles are easily rearrangeable so that kids can experiment with the position of each image and learn how to play sudoku without getting frustrated.
Once satisfied, they can stick the tiles down and check the solution (and I’ve included those in the printable, as well as an instruction sheet, and the instructions at the top of each puzzle).
You can, of course, set the puzzle up for your kids by cutting out the grid and tiles – maybe even laminating them for longevity.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- I’ve provided two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) – use which size is appropriate for your printer.
Benefits of Picture Sudoku
Puzzles of any kind are great for brain training in both children and adults, but here are some specific benefits of sudoku puzzles:
- Improves critical thinking
- Improves problem solving
- Improves organizational skills
- Developes deductive reasoning skills
- Developes process of elimination
- Learning to pay attention to detail
- Learning how specific rules work
Suggested Art Supplies
I like to keep a good stash of art supplies so that I am always ready when my nieces and nephews come to visit. You don’t need all the things on my suggested art supplies list, but I wanted to share some of my favorites with you.
- I love Crayola Super Tips – they come in boxes of various amounts – I’ve got the 100 count box as you can never have too many colors!
- If your child (or you!) prefers to use crayons, I don’t think you can go wrong with classic Crayolas, again they come in various counts.
- Prefer colored pencils? I really don’t think you can go wrong with Crayolas for coloring!
- They also have fun scented pencils which will no doubt bring the holiday coloring page alive with smells!
- Does your child like to paint? I bought this Arteza Kid’s Watercolor Kit for my 6-year-old niece and she loves it!
- Want to add some sparkle? Add glitter! Crayola has a 25 count set, and a 9 count set of glitter glue.
- For puzzle and activity sheets, make sure you have writing pencils, an eraser, and a pencil sharpener.
- Highlighter pens are perfect for marking off words in word search puzzles.
More Picture Sudoku Printables
Here are some more picture sudoku puzzles for you to download:
- Free Printable Mardi Gras Picture Sudoku Puzzle Worksheets
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Sudoku Puzzles for Kids!
- Free Printable Watermelon Sudoku Puzzles for Kids!
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! It makes me so happy to know that you LOVE them as much as I love creating them! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
Download Easter Picture Sudoku Printable
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!