The next cookie that I made for my sister’s wedding cookie station was Cherry Oatmeal Cookies – and wow, were these yummy! They were a bit more cake-y in texture, but none-the-less delicious that the other cookies that I made.
I don’t often bake cookies, but after cooking all these cookies for my sister & brother-in-law’s wedding, I’m hooked and feel the need to bake more often – just wish they wasn’t so bad for the diet!!
With cookie baking, at least, the recipes that I cooked last week, it seems to be a case of mixing dry ingredients, then wet ingredients and then combining…easy!
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter
- 50g (2oz) demerera sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g (3½oz) plain flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g (2oz) porridge oats
- 150g (5oz) dried cherries
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C/350F/Gas 4.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and porridge oats in a bowl
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar together, add the egg and then beat in the sour cream and vanilla essence
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir together, adding in the cherries
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking sheet and flatten down with the back of the spoon
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden
- Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days