A really quick meal that I made for hubs on Valentine’s Day for dinner…here’s how I make a very quick beef stroganoff (which I served with tagliatelle). This recipe gives two big portions at 644 calories (including the pasta). This could be reduced by 125 calories per portion if you cut the creme fraiche in half (but it was Val-Day, we went for decadent!)
- 350g beef, cut into strips
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 beef OXO cube dissolved in 150ml water
- 300ml tub half-fat creme fraiche
- one/low cal oil spray
- freshly ground black pepper
- 80g tagliatelle
- fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- Cook the tagliatelle according to the package instructions.
- Heat a saucepan and spray with the oil spray.
- Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and cooked until softened. Remove from the pan.
- Add a little more oil spray and add the strips of beef. Stir fry for a few minutes until browned then add back in the onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Stir in the tomato paste and add some black pepper.
- Pour over the beef stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes before removing from the heat and stirring in the creme fraiche, reserving some to serve on top.
- Serve the beef stroganoff over the tagliatelle. Spoon on some more creme fraiche and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.
Disclaimer: Please remember, I’m not a dietician, I follow and tweak recipes, or create my own and work out the calorie content using resources online. I lose weight cooking my low calorie dishes, so am confident that I am keeping the calories nice and low. Always check with your doctor before going on any weight loss programme.