Another recipe for Chinese New Year for you to try out today – beef and broccoli in black bean sauce. I also like this dish with oyster sauce as well. It’s really simple and quick to prepare, and can be on the table in just a few minutes.
When cooking stir fry dishes, you must ensure that you get the wok searingly hot – this means the meat seals quickly, and cooks fast. This dish is best served with rice, but you could also have it with noodles if you prefer. If I had some cashew nuts, I would have thrown those in too for a nice crunch.
Don’t forget to check out more of my Chinese New Year recipes here, and if you’re thinking of throwing a dinner party, you can read about the Chinese banquet I threw for the Year of the Dragon a few years back. And, I’ve got some awesome free printables for the Year of the Monkey, which you might like to have a go at making to decorate for the lunar new year!
- Vegetable or ground nut oil
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 150g beef steak, cut into thin strips
- 100g broccoli, broken or sliced into small florets
- 120g Black Bean Stir Fry Sauce
- Heat a little oil in a hot wok.
- Fry the ginger for 1 minute.
- Add the beef and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and cook for final 2 minutes.