Do you know what affogato is? No? Well, it’s the quickest and easiest dessert to make for coffee lovers! It takes moments to make and needs just two ingredients, with optional extras if you fancy ;)
- hot espresso
- vanilla ice-cream
- Amaretti biscuits (optional)
- Amaretto or hazelnut liqueur (optional)
How do you make it? I said it was easy, and even the non-cooks can make this dessert!
- Scoop a serving of vanilla ice-cream into a bowl
- Pour a shot of hot espresso over the ice-cream
- Optional extras include pour over a measure of your favourite liqueur and/or crumbling over some Amaretti biscuits for a nice crunch.
- Eat immediately!
Affogato is Italian for drowned and you literally drown freezing cold ice-cream with steaming hot espresso….yummmmmmm