So, last year I began a Christmas tradition for our family – a Christmas Eve family movie night where I treated us all to some new PJs, bought a few cheap Christmas films on DVD and put them all together in a basket with some snacks to cosy up for the night!
I’ve bought this year’s snacks, PJs and DVDs and thought I’d share a list of 30 must watch Christmas movies. I’ve seen them all…
except for Miracle on 34th Street which I recorded last Christmas on our Sky+ box and still haven’t watched it – much to the horror of one of my friends! I promised her I would watch it this year!
Is your favourite Christmas movie on my list? If not – what is it? Let me know in the comments section :)
Most are family friendly, with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 of them which aren’t for kids!
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to this me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here!
- A Christmas Story – fra-gee-lay!
- National Lampoons Christmas Vacation – makes me cry with laughter!
- Elf – you sit on a throne of lies!
- Miracle on 34th Street –
I’ve promised I will watch it!I’ve finally seen it!
- Home Alone – was on TV the other night – forgot how funny this film is!
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York – they need to keep an eye on their kid!
- Jingle All The Way – love Arnie in comedy films!
- Die Hard – Yippee-ki-yay mother bleeper!
- Scrooged – I love the Ghost of Christmas Present!
- The Polar Express – watched this for the first time last year. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would!
- The Snowman – a classic from my childhood! ♪ ♫ We’re walking in the air ♫ ♪
- The Snowman & The Snowdog – one I taped last year, only just watched it!
- Father Christmas – I just bought this on DVD, it is the 40th year special! Can’t believe how old that film is!
- The Grinch – a character made for Jim Carey!
- The Muppet Christmas Carol – I went to the cinema to see this – it’s 20 years old now!
- Scrooge – has to be the Albert Finney version. Fab Victorian England story!
- The Santa Clause – It’s okay, I’m used to it. I lived through the ’60s!
- The Santa Clause 2 – if you watch a trilogy, 2 is in the middle!
- The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause – Naughty Jack Frost!
- Love Actually – a sweet little rom-com!
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas – Disney + Christmas? What’s not to love!
- The Nightmare Before Christmas – The Pumpkin King + Christmas? *dies*
- A Charlie Brown Christmas – Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!
- Flint Street Nativity – a TV movie with some great British comedy actors – hilarity ensues as adults play kids!
- Arthur Christmas – how does Santa deliver all those presents in one night?!
- Santa Claus: The Movie – I remember going to the cinema to watch this as a kid!
- When Harry Met Sally – one of my favourite rom-coms!
- Shrek The Halls – how an ogre celebrates Christmas!
- The Madagascar Penguins in A Christmas Caper – Kaboom? Yes Rico, kaboom!
- Merry Madagascar – the penguins have to save Christmas!
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links