You can't argue that this salad looks like a rainbow of colour, and that's why I've called it 'Rainbow Salad'! To go with, on the side, I made a zesty dressing and served it at my Is It Summer Yet?! Barbecue
Here are the ingredients for my rainbow salad - you can add or take away your own choices, as it's all personal taste. Me, I hate celery - it never goes in a salad - blargh!
Rainbow Salad Ingredients...
- rocket (arugula) leaves
- baby spinach
- romaine lettuce, shredded
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- yellow, orange and red bell peppers, deseeded and sliced
- red onions, sliced into half moons
- cucumber, sliced into small chunks
- baby plum tomatoes, halved or quartered
Zesty Dressing Ingredients...
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp lime juice
- 1tbsp orange juice
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the salad vegetables into a bowl and toss together until combined
- Place the citrus juice and olive oil into a bowl and whisk together, you may need to add more juice or olive oil to your taste
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve the dressing on the side