Welcome to Day 13 of 100 Days of Disney here on The Purple Pumpkin Blog! Be sure to check out all of the other posts in this series, and if you would like to share your own Disney blog posts or pictures, make sure you check out the #100DaysOfDisney Link Party!
Today I’m talking about one of the newer Disney Classics – Tangled, which I saw for the first time in 2011 on the aeroplane flying over the Atlantic Ocean to Florida for the first time! I fell in love with this movie, the animation, the characters, the story and the music. In my opinion, it’s one of the best!
The film is loosely based on the Brothers Grimm fairytale, Rapunzel, and tells the story of a lost princess who has hair with magical healing powers. She’s kept captive in a tall tower and longs to escape so that she can see the world beyond her tiny prison window – especially the thousands of floating lights that appear every year on her birthday…
With the help of Flynn Rider, a thief who had scaled Rapunzel’s tower to hide his latest haul, the lost princess is able to fulfill her dream – with lots of hilarity along the way!
I really don’t want to give away anything in this post, as it’s a must see movie! So I’m not elaborating any further than that!
If you haven’t seen Tangled yet, make sure you check out the trailer!
Then go and rent the movie – you won’t be disappointed!
The Statistical Stuff…
- released in 2010
- 50th animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series
- earned $591 million in worldwide box office revenue
- cost a an estimated $260 million to make, which if accurate makes it the most expensive animated film ever made, and the second most expensive film of all time
- nominated for Best Original Song (‘I See The Light’) in the 83rd Academy Awards
- had a short sequel released in 2012 called Tangled Ever After
- Disney’s first CGI fairytale film
- the longest Disney animated feature since Fantasia (1940)
- animators say that Rapunzel’s hair is 70 foot long!
- over 45,000 lanterns were used in the ‘I See The Light’ sequence
- there are 3000 people present in the kingdom dance scene – the largest crowd scene in any Disney film
- Mandy Moore – Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi – Flynn Rider
- Donna Murphy – Mother Gothel
- Ron Perlman – Stabbington Brothers
- Jeffrey Tambor – Big Nose Thug
- Brad Garret – Hook Hand Thug
Why I Love Tangled…
- The songs – it felt like for a long time, Disney movies forgot how to sing! There are some lovely songs on the soundtrack. My favourite is ‘When Will My Life Begin?’
- The sidekicks – Maximus (the stallion) and Pascal (the chameleon), neither of them speak, but both are hilariously funny!
- The hair – Rapunzel’s hair is AWESOME – it’s so long, and it’s magical, and she can use it as a swing!
- The adventure – everything outside the tower is all new to Rapunzel, and it’s great to watch her experience it all!
- Flynn Rider – he’s hot. There, I said it! Come on girls, you know I speak the truth bwahahah!
I hope that you now want to go and watch Tangled! I’m watching it as soon as I hit publish!
Day 13 of #100DaysOfDisney is done – 87 to go!
Come back tomorrow for another Disney related blog post!
Posts in the #100DaysOfDisney Series…
Disney Make It Monday | Tasty Tuesday | Wednesday Around The World | Theme Park Thursday | Disney Fashion Friday & Disney Merchandise | Saturday Night at the Disney Movies | Disney Sunday Sounds