Here we are, at the end of January, and 31 photos taken for Project 365 : 2017
I love putting this roundup of all of my photographs from the past month together. Seeing them as part of a gallery is always so satisfying to me.
January in Photographs / Project 365 : 2017
I think I’ve kicked off my return to Project 365 with some great photos. There are a few which to me are a bit iffy, but on the whole, I love this month. Sticking to a general theme has also been helpful for me. I don’t know at what point I decided they should be outdoors and/or nature shots, but I’m glad I did. January can be a gloomy month, and whilst a lot of these photos have a dark or cold feel to theme, it doesn’t feel gloomy to look at them all.
My top three favourites for January are:
- Watercolours / Day 2 which I took on my iPhone when we were out in the park. I loved the reflection of the trees in the puddle on the ground.
- Underworld / Day 15 which is of some grass in my back garden. It had been raining, so I wanted to get a photo of the raindrops. It feels to me, like it a giant plant in a rainforest.
- Jack Frost / Day 17 which is that same grass, but covered in frost. It’s such a simple photo, just blades of frozen grass, but I love the composition of it.
If you need ideas, tips, and inspiration, please check out my photographs, or the ideas and tips in the links below.
- Click here for 365 ideas and tips for Project 365 (2015)
- Click here for 365 ideas and tips for Project 365 (2014)
I’ve been taking part in Project 365 – a photo a day for one year, since 2011. I took a break in 2016, but couldn’t leave the photography project behind completely, and so did Project 52 – a photo a week for one year. I decided at the very last moment, that I would come back to Project 365 for 2017, because I have missed it more than I realised! The project, over the years, has not only helped to improve my photography, but it also became an daily photo diary. I love looking back and remembering the days of the year(s) gone by, and that is one of the biggest things I missed at the end of 2016,
I have quite the archive of photos on my blog, which you can take a peek at below.