I introduced in summer 2017 that I am a Fantastic Services Ambassador. My role is to try out the various services which they offer, and tell you all about them. I’ve even got a discount code* for readers of The Purple Pumpkin Blog (Fantastic Services operate in London, the South East, and the North West of England). Just click the banner below, and enter FSPumpkin.
Fantastic Services is your one-stop shop for 25+ professional home cleaning and maintenance services, provided within London and the UK. Using high-grade equipment that is inaccessible to everyday households, the dedicated service specialists will gladly go the extra mile to turn your home or office into something truly special.
Since becoming a Fantastic Services Ambassador, a few things have changed, and before telling you about our plumbing service, I wanted to bring you up to speed on everything at Fantastic Services…
- They now offer Storage service, International Removals and Video surveys for End of Tenancy cleaning, in addition to their 25+ unique home, garden and office services they have available (including Professional Cleaning, Handyman, Landscaping, Pest Control, Removals and Waste Removal).
- The GoFantastic app is available on iOS and Android and has a real-time availability feature which lets you instantly select the slots that suit your schedule; you can manage your bookings, and pay for your services via the app. The Android version has Voice Search functionality available, and both versions (iOS and Android) have an intuitive in-app search option that makes finding the service you’re looking for as easy as it can get. The GoFantastic app also has an in-app call and chat feature in case you need to speak with a person. Not only all that, but you also get exclusive deals in the app and basically – “LIVE, WORK, PLAY…while Fantastic Services clean, fix, help, and take care of everything”.
- There is an Amazon Alexa skill for domestic cleaning bookings! Fantastic Services is the ONLY company in the UK offering such feature for all users who own an Amazon Alexa device – yet another option they provide clients to book services for their home and garden effortlessly. At the moment you can only book domestic cleaning, however they are on the look-out to adding more services to Alexa’s skill-set.
- To schedule an appointment, you need to tell Alexa that you’d like to book a cleaning with Fantastic Services, а few short questions and 30 seconds later, you’ll be good to go. The system will then pop a confirmation email in your inbox as per usual. For further details or to book a service with Fantastic Services via Amazon Alexa, download the Amazon Alexa app on iOS or Android, and add the skill to your Fantastic web account.
A Fantastic Plumber
I am given a choice of which of the Fantastic Services I would like to try out – we’ve had our windows cleaned, the garden cleared and tidied, and the house cleaned. For our final service as a Fantastic Services Ambassador, we had a leaky tap in our kitchen fixed.
It’s a job that had been on my husband’s to-do list for a while, and what started as just a drip, eventually progressed into a constant slow running flow. We couldn’t leave it like that for much longer and were relieved to find that Fantastic Services have a variety of tradesmen for home maintenance and repair – including plumbers
The Fantastic Plumbers are available for small fixes to large plumbing installations & repairs.
- Available 7 days a week & holidays
- Same-day & next day appointments
- Done by experienced, insured plumbers
- All tools & equipment provided
- Mechanically unblocking drains and toilets
- From £80 p/h
We bought a new tap to replace this leaky one, quite a while ago. And Steve (my husband) was going to have a go and refitting it himself. This was going to be a weekend job to be added to the long list of weekend jobs he already has. It was one that kept getting put on the back burner, and in a way, it was a good thing it did because the job ended up being a lot bigger than we had realised.
First off, this is what the original dripping tap had eventually become…
…pretty bad right? Really annoying too. Not to mention all the water that was going to waste.
The plumber from Fantastic Services was booked in at 9am – and he arrived bang on the dot. Before arriving, my husband had made things easier for the plumber’s work – he took everything out of the under-sink cupboard, as well as unscrewing the doors from their hinges making access a lot easier. He also had to pull out our [well wedged in!] washing machine, as that is where our stopcock is.
So what did the plumber do? Well he…
- Cut down the existing hot and cold water pipes
- Inserted new valves to each pipe to save having to move the washing machine each time to turn off the water (this was so handy, and unexpected for him to do – so grateful!)
- Removed existing tap
- Added some pipe extenders to the new taps (the ones that came with it weren’t long enough)
- Fit new tap
- Opened valves to check flow of water and switch on tap to test
He also discovered that our pipes were corroded and replaced them for us. We paid him extra for him to do this as it wasn’t part of the original job.
Do excuse the grossness of the “after” picture above. The sink was grimy from the work, and hubs has to remove and replace the mastick on the sink.
The plumber from Fantastic Services did a fantastic job, and it’s great to have a working tap again!
To book a plumber visit Fantastic Services to check if your area is covered, and for a quote.
*10 GBP off first booking. Cannot be combined with other deals and promotions. Does not apply for regular and one-off domestic cleaning as well as Christmas services. Min charges apply. Subject to availability and area coverage. Valid till 21.07.2018