According to my photographic evidence of the day, it looks like we didn’t bother to stop in the Morocco Pavilion – perhaps the food here didn’t take our fancy today.
What did take my fancy though, was some of the festival merchandise and a new pair of Disney Ears. One of the collections this year was the Violet Lemonade Collection and the ears were just SO pretty!
After some festival merch purchases, we went on into the Japan Pavilion. However, we didn’t spend much time here – but explore further on tomorrows visit.
Hanami » Japan Outdoor Kitchen
- Chicken Karaage with Nanban Sauce – Japanese-style Fried CHicken served on a bed of Shredded Cabbage and topped with a Soy and Vinegar-based Dressing ($6.25)
The other items on the Hanami menu were:
- Frushi – Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice, Sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream with Raspberry Sauce on the side – $5.95
- Chilled Soba Noodle Salad – with Pan-seared Tuna and Wasabi Dressing – $6.50
- Kirin Draft Beef – $4.50
- Sayuri “Little Lilly” Nigori Sake – $7.50
- “Inchigo Sun” Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail – with Sake, Strawberry Purée and Lemonade – $7.00
The American Adventure
The American Adventure is the next pavilion around Epcot World Showcase and it sits front and center. It is here that you’ll find the American Gardens Theatre for the Garden Rocks shows as well as the Outdoor Kitchen called The Smokehouse Barbecue and Brews.
It’s also where you’ll find the Mickey & Minnie topiaries with some big sunflowers surrounding them. These topiaries were tucked behind the benches for the Smokehouse, which made getting a photo without people in it a bit tricky – but with patience, I managed to get one!
The Smokehouse Barbecue and Brews » The American Adventure
- Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider – Served with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue, and House-made Pickle ($7.50)
We had seen this particular slider on several Disney YouTuber’s vlogs, so had to try it! And it lived up to the hype!
The other items on the The Smokehouse Barbecue and Brews menu were:
- Pulled Pig Slider – Served with Coleslaw – $6.75
- Shredded Beef Brisket – Served with Smoked Potato, Chorizo Fondue, and Green Tomato Relist – $6.50
- Warm Chocolate Cake – Served with Bourbon-salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans – $4.25
- Frozen Simply™ Lemonade – with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine – $11.75
As well as several IPAs, Stouts, Wines, a Beer Flight, and Dasani Bottled Water.
Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration
Now is a good time to talk about the fun scavenger hunts that takes place during the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival!
Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration takes place for the whole festival and in both World Showcase and Future World. Disney described it as
“Spring is in full bloom and Disney’s favorite honey bee, Spike, has been pollinating his way around the Festival! In this springtime scavenger hunt, gardeners of all ages can follow Spike on his pollination trail, where he will “bee” busy collecting nectar and pollinating gardens at Epcot.”
To get started you have to purchase a map and stickers ($6.99) from various locations around the park, and when complete you win a prize at the end. I am desperately trying to remember what the prize was – I think it may have been a patch to sew onto clothes. But maybe tomorrow’s photos will remind me!
At Food & Wine, there is a similar type of scavenger hunt with Remy (the Rat from Ratatouille) and the prize was a Disney Pin.
We found Spike near the sunflowers in The American Adventure, so was able to then stick our sunflower sticker in the correct place on the map.
If you don’t find them all, don’t worry – you can still receive your prize. In fact at F&W I bought 6 maps so that I could collect all six pins and they gave them to me upfront.
You can of course, do this as a fun free activity without a prize, just by looking out for Spike around the Festival!
The second scavenger hunt is the limited time Egg-Stravaganza Scavenger Hunt which is in World Showcase only and it’s a colorful Easter egg hunt inspired by Disney Characters! We were too early for this hunt as it is only for the Easter period.
We only had a passing glance through Italy, stopping to look at the Lady and the Tramp topiaries which were sat by a little canal with a gondola in front of them, before moving into Germany.