This recipe for Cheese Courgette Crustless Mini Quiche was one of the breakfast items I made when I first started to meal prep. It came about because I had too much topping mixture for another dish, and I didn’t want it to go to waste. So I put a spare courgette and the cheesy mixture together to create these mini quiche that I had for breakfast that week.
Cheesey Courgette Crustless Mini Quiche
I’ve made crustless mini quiches before using leftover roast chicken, and they are so easy to do. You can tailor these with any fillings you like. Here are a few suggestions to get you going:
- feta cheese & spinach
- bacon and tomato
- ham and leek
- roasted peppers
My mixture for the chicken quiches were completely different to this one, but both work well. The mixture in this recipe contains cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, Parmigiano Regiano, some mixed herbs, and salt and pepper. I added a few more eggs to make the mixture go a bit further.
I cooked off the chopped courgette in a frying pan with some one-cal oil spray, and divided them between the 12 cups of a greased muffin tin. I then filled each one with the cheesy egg mixture and popped the tin into the oven until the egg was set and the mini quiche were golden. I removed them from the tray as soon as I could hold it without burning myself! I then allowed them to cool and placed into an airtight container, which was then stored in the fridge.
These Cheesy Courgette Crustless Mini Quiche are great for breakfast, as a snack, or to take on a picnic. I haven’t included the calorie/nutrient count in this recipe as it was made from leftovers, but I did guestimate it at around 60 calories per mini quiche. it would depend on what cheese you use (I try to buy the reduced fat ones if possible) and of course, if you decided to switch the fillings to something else.
- 200g plain cottage cheese
- 5 eggs
- 15g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 15g Parmigiano Regiano, grated
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- salt & pepper
- One-calorie oil spray or olive oil
- 1 courgette, chopped into small bite size pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 190C/Gas5.
- In a mixing jug, whisk together the cottage cheese, eggs, cheeses, herbs, and salt and pepper. Set to one side.
- Gently fry the courgette in a frying pan until cooked through. You can use either an oil spray or a drizzle of olive oil.
- Grease a muffin tin with a spray of the oil spray or by brushing with olive oil.
- Divide the courgettes between the 12 holes on the muffin tin, and then top up with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the egg is set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the tin and allow to cool completely before storing in the fridge.
Please feel free to share this recipe for Cheesy Courgette Crustless Mini Quiche by using the social buttons on the side or bottom of this post, and don’t forget that you can subscribe to The Purple Pumpkin Blog by email, on Feedly or on Bloglovin’ so you don’t miss out!