Jewelled Rice SaladServes 12 - 15
- 4 x 250g packs microwavable long grain and wild rice
- 8 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice, plus extra to taste
- 12 tbsps mixed fresh herbs e.g., flat leaf parsley, chives, mint and coriander, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, de-stoned and diced finely
- 150g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 150g dried cranberries
- 150g macadamia nuts, chopped
- 150g walnuts, chopped
- 180g pomegranate seeds (roughly 2 pomegranates)
- 100g toasted flaked almonds (optional)
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package. Leave to cool then place into the fridge for one hour.
- Mix the herbs, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper together in a bowl and set to one side.
- When the rice is cold, stir in the spring onions, chilli, mango, dried apricots, dried cranberries, macadamia nuts, walnuts and pomegranate seeds and mix well.
- Pour over the the herby olive oil dressing and stir through the salad. Check the seasoning and add more lemon juice, salt and pepper as required.
- If using the flaked almonds, stir some into the salad, reserving some to scatter over the top.
- Serve at room temperature.
Why not check out my other ideas for this season?
Follow Michelle Christmas on Pinterest