A quick recipe for you whilst I do my best to catch up with several planned blog posts!
What happens, when you’ve bought all the ingredients to make a Chinese chicken stir-fry, but don’t actually fancy chicken stir-fry? You make it into a soup of course!
I didn’t write down quantities, as I really did just make it up as I went along – but it turned out so much tastier than we were expecting, I felt like I should share!
- chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 bag stir-fry vegetables
- chicken stock
- dark soy sauce
- Chinese five-spice powder
- rice noodles
- Put the thinly sliced chicken into a big pot with the chicken stock, chilli, onion, a dash of soy sauce and a sprinkle of five-spice.
- Bring to the boil before simmering for about 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Check for seasoning and add more to taste
- Throw in the rice noodles and stir fry vegetables and cook until tender.
This post was featured on Foodies100 Best of Foodie Blogs 10 at 10