I made this pasta salad for my Is It Summer Yet?! Barbecue, and I called it Antipasti Pasta Salad because I'd been to the supermarket help yourself deli counter and filled a tub with antipasti goodies like olives, mozerella, sun blushed tomatoes and artichokes. I then thought to myself that combining mix with pasta would make a tasty (and quick!) salad - and I was right!
Drain, and cool down under cold running water. Drain again and place the pasta into a bowl.
Tip in the antipasti mix. The tub I bought from the deli counter had artichokes, grilled peppers, courgettes, olives, mozerella balls and sun blushed tomatoes. The mix was also covered with oil and herbs, so if you need to add some to moisten the salad with oil please do so. If you'd like to add dried herbs, you can do as well.
Once mixed through, stir through some pine nuts and torn up basil leaves. Serve at room temperature.
Antipasti Pasta SaladServes 4-6
- 200g macaroni or any small shaped pasta
- 250g antipasti mix e.g., grilled peppers, artichoke, sun blushed tomatoes, olives, mozerella balls
- small handful basil
- 50g pine nuts
- olive oil (optional)
- ½tsp dried mixed herbs (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions
- When cooked, drain and cool under cold running water, and drain again
- Stir through the antipasti mix, adding olive oil and dried mixed herbs if required
- Tear up some basil leaves and mix through
- Sprinkle over the pinenuts
- Serve at room temperature
Don't miss a thing... Subscribe to The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
Want to share your awesome ideas? Why not join in my weekly link party!
You can also follow me on...