I took the opportunity to make one for my son's Nintendo themed birthday party and came up with Diddy Kong's Peanut Shoot Dip!
The dip is really easy to make, and as always you can jump to the recipe and print it out.
I combined cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and chocolate chips...gave it a mix around and dip done!
The dip went down a lot better than I was expecting it to! It's sweet, but the cream cheese just cuts through the sweetness. I served it with sugar cookies that I cut into stars, hearts, flowers and coins. You could also serve it with wedges of apple or banana.
To make the sugar cookies, I beat together sugar and butter. Then added an egg and vanilla extract before folding in flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt until I got a dough.
The dough goes into the fridge for a while to firm up and then I lightly dusted my surface, rolled out the pastry and used various cookie cutters to cut out my shapes. Stars = Starman, Flowers = Fire Flowers, Hearts = Life and Rounds = Coins. Jump to the recipe to print or save.
Diddy Kong Peanut Shooter Dip
- 300g soft cream cheese
- 250g smooth peanut butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 3 tbsps soft brown sugar
- 50g white chocolate chips
- 50g milk chocolate chips
- Place the cream cheese into a bowl and stir to break up and soften.
- Add the peanut butter and combine together until well mixed.
- Stir in the brown sugar and icing sugar. I did it bit by bit to taste as you may like it more/less sweet.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with sugar cookies.
- 300g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 115g unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set to one side.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture until incorporated and knead lightly until combined.
- Divide the dough in half and flatten into a patty.
- Wrap each half in some greaseproof paper and place in the fridge till firm.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C/155C Fan/350F/Gas 4.
- Lightly dust your surface with flour and roll the dough out until about 3mm thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and put on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Slide the parchment onto wire racks and allow the cookies to cool before decorating with royal icing if desired.