During a StumbleUpon session I came across several blogs that had dip ideas for Superbowl, both savoury and sweet. I have never thought to make a sweet dip before and thought, “why not?!”
I took the opportunity to make one for my son’s Nintendo themed birthday party and came up with Diddy Kong’s Peanut Shoot Dip!
I combined cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and chocolate chips…gave it a mix around and dip done!
The dip went down a lot better than I was expecting it to! It’s sweet, but the cream cheese just cuts through the sweetness. I served it with sugar cookies that I cut into stars, hearts, flowers and coins. You could also serve it with wedges of apple or banana.
To make the sugar cookies, I beat together sugar and butter. Then added an egg and vanilla extract before folding in flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt until I got a dough.
The dough goes into the fridge for a while to firm up and then I lightly dusted my surface, rolled out the pastry and used various cookie cutters to cut out my shapes. Stars = Starman, Flowers = Fire Flowers, Hearts = Life and Rounds = Coins.
Diddy Kong Peanut Shooter Dip
- 300g soft cream cheese
- 250g smooth peanut butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 3 tbsps soft brown sugar
- 50g white chocolate chips
- 50g milk chocolate chips
- Place the cream cheese into a bowl and stir to break up and soften.
- Add the peanut butter and combine together until well mixed.
- Stir in the brown sugar and icing sugar. I did it bit by bit to taste as you may like it more/less sweet.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with sugar cookies.
- 300g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 115g unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set to one side.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture until incorporated and knead lightly until combined.
- Divide the dough in half and flatten into a patty.
- Wrap each half in some greaseproof paper and place in the fridge till firm.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C/155C Fan/350F/Gas 4.
- Lightly dust your surface with flour and roll the dough out until about 3mm thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and put on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Slide the parchment onto wire racks and allow the cookies to cool before decorating with royal icing if desired.