I'm afraid the photo of my nachos is a crop of a bigger picture, but you get the idea ^_^ The amount I did was enough for 10 people.
- 1 big bag of tortilla chips
- 1 jar of salsa
- 2 big handfuls of grated cheese
- Jalapeños chilli peppers (optional)
- Put the tortilla chips into a large, shallow, heatproof bowl.
- Spoon over the salsa.
- Cover everything with grated cheese (I used Cheddar)
- Sprinkle over the jalapeños if you are using them.
- Place under a hot grill until the cheese starts to melt, bubble and brown off.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole...or 1-Up Dip!
Now onto the 1-Up Dip which I thought was a fun name for the guacamole...because 1-Up Mushrooms are green...and so is this dip...and not because it has mushrooms in it!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt and white pepper
- Cut the avocados in half, lengthways around the stone and remove.
- Scoop the flesh from the avocado and place into a bowl. Mash the avocado flesh with a fork
- Stir in the red chilli and spring onions.
- Pour in the lime juice (to taste, you may find you need more)
- Season with salt and white pepper (again, to taste)